UWYV is expanding its staff and is looking for some great people who are excited about helping youth become leaders in the community and become social entrepreneurs.
United Way Youth Venture (UWYV) is a program that engages K-12 youth in the creation and development of their own socially benefiting, entrepreneurial clubs, organizations and projects. Young people involved in UWYV combine their passions and skills to address a problem they see in their community through an entirely youth-led and youth-created process. The Outreach Specialist will implement in-person and virtual delivery of UWYV at partner sites and promote programing to key stakeholders.
The program is housed under the Senator Stephen M. Brewer Center for Civic Learning and Community Engagement and Access & Transition Division at Mount Wachusett Community College. United Way Youth Venture (UWYV) is a partnership between Mount Wachusett Community College, the United Way of North Central Massachusetts, and Ashoka’s Youth Venture.
General Statement of Duties: The Outreach Specialist will be responsible for outreach to youth at partnering schools and organizations through the United Way Youth Venture program, housed under the Center for Civic Learning and Community Engagement at Mount Wachusett Community College.
- Provide outreach for the UWYV program in North Central Massachusetts, ensuring delivery of high quality programming;
- Support the growth and expansion of UWYV at partnering organizations, including K-12 schools, and engage meaningfully with youth, families, and educators across the region;
- Support new and existing groups of participating youth;
- Support and maintain established relationships with partnering organizations, including K-12 schools, through communications and outreach;
- Implement UWYV programming with on-site and virtual partners as well as independently lead and facilitate direct support to youth and adults;
- If allowed, travel to several partner sites to conduct site visits and outreach;
- Help the Assistant Director in determining and scheduling program training sessions and dates, as well as generating content for activities and facilitating workshops;
- Proficiently use virtual collaboration tools (Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams) to deliver the program remotely in a meaningful and engaging way;
- Utilize database to record and track outreach to youth, program partners and adult volunteers;
- Support evaluation of students and adults engaged in UWYV through targeted outreach and follow-up;
- Participate in the planning and implementation of in-person/virtual events for UWYV, and other related initiatives including Changemaking and Portrait of a Graduate;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or equivalent (GED);
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proficient in the use of technology;
- Ability to set and achieve goals and take initiative within the workplace;
- Spanish-English bi-lingual preferred;
- Experience working with students, faculty members, businesses, and/or nonprofit agencies desirable;
- Belief in the power of youth to create positive change;
- Must have access to reliable transportation and high quality internet connection.
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00 Grant Funded
Hours per Week: Variable; not to exceed 18 hours per week
Mount Wachusett Community College will recruit and select persons in all positions to ensure a diverse and inclusive climate without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, color, political affiliation, creed, national origin, marital status, or any other status as protected by federal, state, and local laws. Mount Wachusett Community College welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodations for interviews and for service upon request.